Monday 28 January 2013

New Venue ,New Baby,New Card Tecniques







Hi All,sorry for not posting sooner,but have had a what seems like a never ending week or so.
I have been saying to myself I must get a new post ,but you know how it is in  a family things never quite work out the way in which you would like them to.
We have all had colds,viruses and the dreaded lergy and once gets it it seems to go around everyone.

Remember I told you all about Sue, and her new edition(no,not Sues baby) but her daughters was due at Christmas time.Well Sues new granddaughter arrived well and safe, and I am sure you can tell that Sue(above) looks over the mooon with her new grand daughter.
Congratulations to Sues daughter and her partner, enjoy each precious moment with her ,as time passes by so quickly.


I have been crafting and trying out new papercaft tecniques ,I just love tecnique crafting.My partner doesn't as my Dining table is never really a dining table with all my bits and pieces.
I have been having a go at napking paper toppers and backgrounds.This is a tecnique using paper napkins and adhering them to card.The magic formula is using cling film ,yes, cling film.

In the next couple of weeks I will be showing people at our craft group in Lowton Warrington exactly how to do this.So if you fancy seeeing this why not pop along and join us.

Below are the cards thelmselves with the one napkin being the poppies, and the other the butterfly which I have 3D, plus the blue flower backing is also another paper napkin.
The napkins give an almost fabric feel to the card, and with the other textures in the card I was really pleased with the overall look.




Our Crafy group has now gots its own venue.
We will be meeting up on Wednesday the 13 Feb 2013 at the Lowton community centre ,Church lane Lowton ,Warrington (same row as the Co Op shop).
The venue has great parking and full disabled facilities.(please see up to date meetup details on right handside corner of the home page)

Before I go may I say a big thank to Laura Owen who has just started her wedding stationery business, and who is also coming along to the group.She will be showing us all how to use spectrum noir alchol based colouring pens,which I am looking forward to. 
This demonstration will take place on the 13th February 2013.

Also Laura thank you for our new facebook group page called craftyfriendslowton ,please come over and say hello it is a bit lonely at the moment with just the couple of us.

Well my friends off to bed now as I am so tired,but will be back later this week .

Nighty night
Jackie x



No comments:

Post a Comment