Saturday 2 March 2013

Paper Roses And Flowers

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all well and are enjoying the start of the weekend.
Have you all decide to do a little crafting ?

 
Sometimes you need to sit down and have a couple of hoursto yourself crafting and creating ,it can be so de stressing.So if you have the opportunity,or maybe find the opportunity to sit for an hour to do something that you enjoy.
Have a full hour of stamping ,paper crafting jewellery making ,knitting ,crocheting or any other type of craft, and I will guarantee you will feel the benefit of it.

I just want to say what a lovely morning was had last Wednesday the 27th February at our Lowton,Warrington crafty meetup.It was so good to see so many lovely people turn up to enjoy a couple of hours crafting as a group.

The group is growing week by week, and many new friendships are being formed which is so lovely to see.

We are just getting used to the layout of the new venue, so both Sue and I had a little time to get a bit of crafting in before the session finished.

It is wonderful to see such a vast array of crafters joining us we have beaders,knitters crocheters card makers,paper crafters ,parchments crafters.


We also have a lovely young lady who has just started her her own wedding stationery business, which is so inspiring to see.The young lady is called Laura Owen and her business is called Peacock Blue,which is going from strength to strength.
Laura has informed us that she will be adding new products on a regular basis to her newly established website so don't forget to pay her a visit.

This week I did a mini demonstration on how to make paper flower embellishments which can be used for so many crafting projects.


Below is a card sample that I made, and just used one of the simple paper flowers which I demonstrated, and used it to embellish the card.
Very simple ,but very effective,don't you think?

I used the Stampin Up Lace embossing folder for a good proportion of the card, and also decorated the envelope with the same embossing folder .

A small verse was stamped in the corner which was from theSTAMPIN UP Pursuit Of Happiness Clear stamp set.
The rest of the embellishments where from my craty stash,ribbon,lace and diamontes.


 




Below are the samples which I made in all sorts of sizes and in various designs and colours.


 I think most people are generally  surprised as to how easy how easy these where to make.
These where the looped style flowers,but I also made the rolled roses which you can see below along with the rolled rosed with a slightly different way of rolling them up. 



                                  Below are the two lots of rolled paper roses flowers.









I would be interested to know what you think on the flowers, or have you made similar ones and how have they turned out?

A lovely member Kath made beautiful babies embroidered cushion cover for my new garnd daughter, and it was just perfect so a “BIG THANK YOU” to Kath and hope to see you in the our next session.


Well I am off to do my hour of paper crafting, and  sit and destress, and do hope you are all doing the same.

I am planning to do  STAMPIN UP Saturday Session which I will hopefully get to share with you all,so PLEASE WATCH THIS SPACE
.

Bye for now 
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment