Monday 31 December 2012

Nearly Vintage Craft Magazine (2004 Practical Crafts Mag)

Hello Friends new and old   (Jackie here)

Thought I would give you all a bit of a chuckle ,especially as it is nearly a new year.As you may have read I have been crafting for many years now, and have been seriously papercrafting from abput 2004.

This was the year that I thought I would have a go at stamping and heat embossing.Well how things have moved on since then,I used to heat set my powders over the gas ring as I had never heard of heat guns at that point.Where they around then ,I would love to know?

I suppose I am a bit of a hoarder,and have kept the very first craft magazine that I bought in 2004 ,all in tact even with the FREEBIE still attached to the front. I know I am a bit sad ,but I always keep anything to do with crafting.
Below is the magazine itself ,not too sure when it stopped being printed will have to do some research on that one in the next couple of days.
It was the November edition so I suppose I must have bought it for ideas,I am always on the look out for new ideas.How styles have changed from the decorations themselves to the style and the layout of the magazine.





I love the paper cut trees ,I know paper cuts are very much back in at the moment for all special occasions and are very popular for wedding invites.This would have been all done by hand,now all the new cutting cutting machines could do this in a minute or two.How times have moved on in eight years.

Hope you have enjoyed a little bit of nostalgia from the crafting world.I thought this was appropriate with the new year not many hours away.I wonder what the new year holds for the crafting year of 2013.
What do you think will be trendy ,I would love to hear your ideas so why not leave them in the comments box for us to have a look at.

TTFN
And all the very best for 2013 and look forward to chatting soon.

Off to have a go at one of my new cricut cartridges that I got for Christmas ,will post my makes once they are completed.





1 comment:

  1. did you by any chance save the next one? december 2004.... i think it has in it the missing part of the rag doll spattern I am making. Its the patterns for the fairy dresses??

    ReplyDelete